Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Believing God

" The Creator of heaven and earth - the One with the entire universe and its riches at His disposal - knows you by name, has planned a promised land for you, and longs to bless you. He wisely reserves the right to require your cooperation" (Beth Moore)

That is exactly where Sam and I find ourselves at this time. He has required our cooperation and as wonderful as that sounds, as I told a friend the other day, it's not always what it's cracked up to be...it's hard at times.

As most of you know, in December Sam and I have left our jobs to do whatever God requires of us. At the beginning, God told Sam to quit his job and then we'd go from there. We're learning that God rarely gives the big picture when He requires your cooperation...which is terribly inconvenient. It is one step at a time.

In our ladies bible study we're doing the Beth Moore study on Esther. This morning was wonderful. She said so many things that spoke right to me. The thing that jumped out at me that I had never thought of before was from Isaiah 40:31. We all know it,"those that wait upon the Lord.....". Ready for this??? Your strength will not be renewed (as in Isaiah 40:31) if you are waiting on an event or a person instead of on God. Why had I never heard that before? I find myself right there, right now. Like she said in the bible study, waiting is exhausting!!! At this point in this journey, I need my strength to be renewed. But I've been waiting on everything and everyone other than God.

God has given us so many promises in His Word during this journey. One is of His provision. This is where Satan really plants doubt in our minds (did God say___, etc.) and I of course bite every time. This last week has been such a blessing. We have seen God provide, through the obedience of His people, every dime of our budget for March...and by the 2nd day of the month. Praise God. God so much wants us to not only believe in Him but to believe Him. Believe His promises, Believe that He is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He will do.

Thank you, Jesus, for your provision. Proving once again that You are trustworthy and faithful. Forgive me for my unbelief at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment