For the last few months our family has been on an exciting journey. Exciting, scary, nerve wracking and wonderful. God has us in such a wonderful place right now. A place where we are totally dependant on Him. More than anything we want to follow Him and obey Him every step of this journey.
One thing I think this journey is teaching me is that God has to be security in my life not a job or money. When Sam was working it was not like that at all. If we needed or wanted anything, Sam could just work the hours to pay for it. There wasn't a need for God as bad as that sounds. Sam and his job were the source not God for our daily bread. What a difference a day makes!
Sam and I are still praying about the direction that God has for our family. While we're praying, Sam is working at our church and I am settling into my new role as stay at home mom. Which has been so great and so challenging. I went from working 40 hours a week to maternity leave and with only one week in between to prepare for life with 2 children. Emma Grace has had a hard time adjusting to our new life. She's used to going to school all week and being the center of attention at home as well as school. Now...life is not quite that way anymore. It seems that everytime I sit down to watch a movie with her or read her a book, Caleb starts crying and she's pushed aside. Emma Grace loves Caleb so much but you can tell by her expressions and her attitude that she's just about had enough of him.
I will keep you all posted as we progress with the church plant in East Atlanta.
Thank you for your prayers for our family.
Love, Rebekah
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment